Wednesday, December 29, 2010

OCT. THRU DEC. - FAMILY FUN!!































































































Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree; getting ready for the favorite holiday of all is always so much fun. Somehow I don't drag out quite as many decorations each year as I used to, probably just part of getting older, but the memories, traditions, and love seem to grow every year. As seen in my Christmas tree photo, there was lots of RED around the tree this year, University of Utah bags with my 14 grandkids Christmas gifts in them. Of course, U of U jammies, and other treasures for the kids. We have a clam chowder feast with other yummy food, and a favorite warm drink we've had for years called wassail. Then when everyone is ready, the kids sit around me and we share the Nativity Bible story, and the true reason for this sacred season. sometimes the kids help me read. I think this a part of the evening they really enjoy. Then it's present time!! This year I made each of my grandkids a small published book that had many photo's of each of them in it, from when they were born. I loved making these books, and they seemed to be a hit, even with their parents! Part of my own children's Christmas was a copy of my Life Story, which I finally finished this year. A warm, wonderful Christmas, once again!






































































November, the month of thankfulness, is never overlooked by my family. We've come up with a way to have Thanksgiving Dinners together every year with everyone at my home. We have it the Sunday afternoon before Thanksgiving. Yeah, I'm probably selfish, but this way I can enjoy my gang every year, then my kids don't have to do the every other year thing. I appreciate my blessings of family, good health, a warm home, nice retirement, and dear friends so much. I think about them even more at this time of year! A very special blessing happened this month, my granddaughter, Megan, shown in photo with my kitty, came to live in Utah with my her dad, my son, Eric, his darling wife, Jennifer, and sons Brennen, and Connor. We're so happy to have her back home again!
























































































October brought lots of fun for the gang. We went to the Black Island Farms CornMaze where they had some really fun "farm" rides and activities for the kids. And of course, the corn maze goes on & on, and we got lost a few times! Really fun. Then great food topped it all off.

Halloween came and our annual party was at Aunt Marilyn's, in Pleasant View. She lives right on the edge of the Wasatch-Cache National Forest, and it had the right, spooky atmosphere for our Halloween fun, chili, games, and a Halloween photo with Grandma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! We are so lucky to have you...No one can deny that you make every holiday and birthday very special. We love you, Eric, Jenn and kids:)