Friday, October 1, 2010

JAX - Goodbye Sweet Pup

















Oh my goodness, how do we grow so close to these wonderful pets, and then eventually have to say goodbye. We had to put our lab, JAX down a week ago from complications to cancer. Just too difficult to watch her suffer any longer. JAX was actually Eric's family's dog, but she's lived with me for this past year. What we will remember are the amazing bird hunts she provided, the ribbons she earned, her love and patience with children, her tricks Eric had taught her, her two beautiful litters of labs....well the list goes on & on. I can tell you one thing I miss is her devotion to me and my family, she really loved us all. When I used to pull in my driveway, I'd click the garage door open, and out she'd come charging to greet me with licks and nudges. Now, out of habit, I click that door open and hits me right in my face that she's not going to be coming out to greet me anymore. Memories will have to do, and there's plenty of them. Enjoy the photos of JAX. We love you, little Jaxie!

No comments: