Sunday, August 30, 2009

GUARDEN GUIDE-SALT LAKE TEMPLE GROUNDS AND JOSEPH SMITH MEMORIAL BUILDING











A blessing came into my life, actually, almost a dream came true, when I received a mission call to serve a part-time mission in Salt Lake at the Temple Grounds, and Gardens at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. My call came on April 20th, 2009. I've been taking classes for the Weber County Master Gardner program, thru Utah State University, and heard about this mission there thru a friend. My responsibilities include taking tour groupls through the gardens, and presenting a special script regarding the gardens, and some of the history of the Pioneers. The Beehive House, and Lion House are part of the Tour. I receive much joy from my calling. It's one day a week, I serve on Wednesdays, and there hasn't been one of my service days go by that I haven't been in awe of serving my Heavenly Father in some of His Gardens. I've had some fun opportunities taking family members, friends, and many members and non-members through the gardens.

1 comment:

Megan and Jared said...

Hey Marsh! What times are you there on Wednesdays? I want to come down there and go on a tour, I've always wanted to! That would be so much fun