Friday, January 1, 2010

Thanksgiving - 2009



















A favorite time to gather, visit, feast on favorite recipes, laugh, and enrich our relationships. For the past 4 or 5 years, my family has celebrated Thanksgiving on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I have found that if we do that, everyone is able to be there, and it opens up Thanksgiving Thursday for my children to also share the time with their in-laws. Eric & Jennie, Jan & I usually go to Aunt Marilyn'n & Uncle Rich's for the "actual" holiday, which makes it nice to see the Fryer side of the family, & my in-laws. We have so much fun, and if it's good weather, the guys are usually out in the back yard playing football while the women are finishing up the dinner details. This year was not exception, and a great time was had by all. At my home on Sunday, my children & there family's came, as well as my mother-in-law, Bev Brinderhoff, her husband, Rulon, and my sister-in-law, Marilyn Penman, & her husband Rich. I love my family and extended family so much, and the memories I cherish from previous Thanksgivings are on my mind throughout this season. Here are some photos.....

No comments: